The Road Less Travelled

Thursday, February 23, 2006

*Sigh*

Let it snow
Let it snow
Let it snow
Even if it is nearly March….


Anyway, a quick update on things. The kitchen is still incomplete hence the house is by and large still pretty much in a mess.
Moben called earlier on and said that the builders had confirmed the kitchen was complete apart from eth tiling. And if I was in agreeance.
I replied that the builders had yet to fit two handles and if the tiling had not even been started how could the kitchen possibly be complete?
To say I’m annoyed about this whole kitchen business would be an understatement.

On mothers and little SUs’ insistence we have decided to tackle the kitchen floor ourselves and have scheduled that for Sunday. I still have mixed feelings about the decision on the kitchen flooring but insha Allah it will all be ok. Time will tell.

Keeping on the topic; anyone going past our house last night would have had a right sight to see! I was painting the kitchen last night (Little SU had already prepped most of the walls) and so had to take the window dressing off. The kitchen windows quite large and anyone going past would have seen me playing hop, skip and jump along the top of the work tops whilst I tried painting the edges all whilst trying to keep within the lines. Didn’t finish painting as mother came in at some point and ordered me to bed :-)
Just to finish off on the progress a BIG thanks to HB who was here whilst the kitchen was being done. She really helped and wasn’t scared of a bit of hard work, although she says it because she’d rather the hard work than the harder work which be the looking after of the little terror that be Haania (btw shes not a terror but masha Allah is adorable).

Anyway lol in perfect JM timing, I have just received an msn msg from her asking why I haven’t updated my blog!
Well JM for that I dedicate this post to you.

1 Comments:

  • a post dedicated just to me!!!!!

    why thank u!

    ps. Dont do it...the floor tiling that is.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home