The Road Less Travelled

Friday, May 12, 2006

'Tis terrible the filth in kids book....

You know how Sumaiya loves books and reading, well SB bought her a book the other day but I was shocked at the content!
It’s a book about a young princess and well I’ll let you decide for yourself!

In a kingdom far away,
Where sparkly flowers grow.

Lived a young princess,
With skin as white as snow.

Her hair was long and golden,
And her eyes emerald green

She dreams she’ll meet a handsome prince,
And one day would be queen.

Then one day in the garden a little bird says “Hi”
“Follow me” says the little bird And I will show you why.

She comes to a magic lily pond
And a frog said “How do you do?”

The princess gives the frog a kiss
And all her dreams come true.

I mean come on, seriously what that to teach a young child! So now when I read that book to her I try to liven it up with dungeons and magic dragons….

The funniest is when she tries teaching Mujahd Alif, ba, ta. Lolol so funny. But so cute to see them both sitting there doing dhikr.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home