The Road Less Travelled

Monday, February 27, 2006

Conversations

Assalamu Alaikum

We went to IN’s on Friday night, by ‘we’ I mean RP, JM and I. It was just the thing I needed. Was good, if you wanna know what we got up to then I suggest you have a gander at INs’ blog.
On a further positive note the kitchen has finally been painted and cleared up. Now we are just awaiting the tiling on both the floor and walls. (Can’t get hold of Moben at the moment, they seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth!)
The brilliant thing about painting and decorating in general for me personally is the time it gives me. Yesterday I listened to an old talk of Sh Nuhs. Was absolutely brilliant and got me thinking about some stuff. Thoughts and issues come in cycle, unless you deal with them they will come back.

Borrowed ‘Conversations with God’ from IN, and must say there are some interesting issues and concepts in there. Will keep you updated on how it goes.
An excerpt.

Question: Are you saying the world will always have problems? Are you saying that you actually want it that way?

Answer: The day you really want an end to hunger, there will be no more hunger. I have given you all the resources with which to do that. You have all the tools with which to make that choice. You have not made it. Not because you cannot make it. The world could end world hunger tomorrow. You choose not to make it.

You can similarly end all war tomorrow. Simply. Easily. All it ever takes – all it has ever taken – is for all f you to agree. Yet if you cannot all agree on something as basic as ending the killing of each other, how can you call upon the heavens with shaking fists to put you life in order?
I will do nothing for you that you will not do for yourself.

You are all at root cause for the conditions which exist which create in the robber the desire, or the perceived need, to steal. You have all created the consciousness which makes rape possible. It is when you see in yourself that which caused the crime that you begin, at last, to heal the condition from which it sprang.

Anyway I’m out of here.

Wa Salaam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home