The Road Less Travelled

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Beep! Beep!

With all that’s going on I completely forgot to blog about my driving lesson on the Friday gone.
Well my driving lesson was at 6.30pm but that afternoon I completely forgot that I had a lesson, on top of that I left work 30 minutes later than usual, and on top of that the train I was meant to catch was cancelled.
I ended up taking the train to Hayes and it was only there that I remembered I had a lesson. I called up my instructor to let her know that I was running late but would you believe she had left her phone at home and her daughter picked the phone up!

Eventually got home and the instructor did ask if I perhaps wanted to cancel that’s day lesson and I was incredibly tempted as I was soooo tired. But I thought since she had come all the way I might as well have a lesson. Wrong decision!

To cut a long story short as I ending up hitting the front wheel of the car slightly against the kerb, and I’m not sure if it was because of the angle at which I hit the kerb at or because of the tyre its self but I ended up with getting  flat tyre!
It’s a brand new 206 so my instructor is yet to change the tyre on it.
So there we were on the side of the road with me reading the manual and her trying to get the tyre loose from under the car! And what should happen…a young guy goes past and asks if we need any help. We accept and my instructor asks if he knows anything about changing tyres. He replies “I work in a tyre shop”.
Alhamdulillah he changed the tyre in five minutes flat and was on his way! What are the chances of that hey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home