The Road Less Travelled

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Choo Choo...

Was waiting for the train this morning in the waiting room, when everyone starts moving onto the platform. Naturally when one person moves onto the platform it is assumed they’ve spotted the train coming in and so everyone follows suit just like I did. Anyway I got stopped by the ticket inspectors at the barriers and was told my weekly ticket had expired the previous day. I thought it wasn’t due to expire until Thursday but what with all the bank holidays etc it seems I was wrong. Anyway since I assumed the train was coming I asked to be let through and said I would purchase a ticket once I’d got to Maidenhead. They said if they let me through then the chances are I’d be fined £20 by a ticket inspector either on the train or when I got to Maidenhead and said I should just purchase one there and then.
I deliberated for 2 secs then thought ‘What the heck. Its only work’ and went to purchase my ticket. I went bought my ticket and came back just in time as the train was pulling in. Woohoooo!
But then got the crap from the ticket inspectors about “Aren’t you glad we saved you £20”, “What do we get for saving you £20”, “Do we not even get a thank you?” Honestly! The cheek!

3 Comments:

  • Oh, don’t you get me started on London Underground ticket inspectors... politely I’d say some of them are lifeless, egotistical beeps on a power trip! Just because they didn’t quite pass the exam to become a Policeman had to settle to becoming a Ticket Inspector... but I wish someone would tell them they don’t posses the power of the Law!!!!!

    As most of you know I’m a pretty mellow, easygoing gal and don’t let much get to me, cos I believe it’s just to worth it. BUT my experience with a so-called ticket officer and policeman wannabe just takes the biscuit!

    I wont go into it, since most of you have already heard it, but for the sake of £1 I was issued a penalty of £20... so the next time you get told “What do we get for saving you £20”... tell them it probably means you are 5 points away from getting that bonus ‘free’ DVD player, but I’m sure you'll find another innocent sucker to fine before the end of the day!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:26 am  

  • Ouch! Still feeling strongly about that incident huh? Did you write a complaint letter to TFL? Make sure you do.

    By Blogger Traveller, at 11:35 am  

  • No I haven't, but intend to write the letter this weekend. Ask me again on Monday!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home