The Road Less Travelled

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Weekend

Well it’s been a long weekend and as much as I had to do I just couldn’t quite get it all done. I’ve had a bit of a cold for the past week, nowt major just runny nose and a cough. But on the weekend I was feeling so lethargic and had a headache that I couldn’t really get much done, which means over this week I’m going to have to leave  work early and get stuck in as soon as I get home.
Some good news - the floor finally has been completed! Alhamdulillah. Although I currently have about 5 cuts on my hands!

We went to Wicks over the weekend that is big SU, mother and I, we also took the kids. Their first ‘outing’ since coming back. What an experience that was. Sumaiya has reached that ‘terrible twos’. Which meant she was running all over the place apart from when she decided she wanted to take a nap on the floor! What the heck is it with kids! She would lie down on the floor and say she was going sleep and as long as you were in her peripheral view she would stay down there! There was also the time when she decided to do some dhikr. She sat down in the middle of the shop and started doing dhikr! Lol. Well I won’t be taking her out again in such a hurry. Mujahid bless his little cotton socks was fine as long as the pushchair he was in was in motion.

Since we are talking about the kids, was reading Sumaiyas’ Arabic alphabet book with her. So we are reading alif, baa, taa …
Me: thaa
Sumaiya: thaa
Me: jeem
Sumaiya: dheem. Dheem kaitam. (trans. Egg. I want egg)

Ok have a lot to blog about but have lots of work to do as well. So auf wiedersehn for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home